David M. Dye, founder and president of Trailblaze, Inc., a Denver-based leadership development business, is an internationally recognized professional speaker, trainer, and facilitator. He works with leaders, managers, and supervisors who want to lead their team to the top without losing their soul (or mind) in the process. David works with leaders to increase their influence, solve common leadership frustrations, and improve their productivity through people-centered leadership.
Originally an urban educator teaching leadership, history, and public speaking, he served as a elected city councilman and as chief operating officer for Colorado UpLift where he trained leaders and helped build organizations in Denver, New York, Orlando, Phoenix, and Portland. David has worked with thousands of leaders across industries and serves on the Board of Directors for the Colorado chapter of the National Speakers Association.
David founded Trailblaze, Inc., to train leaders who want to build energized, motivated, and productive teams. He believes that leaders at every level can master the essentials of influence, the most critical component of success.
Known for his optimism, for making difficult concepts understandable, and for moving leaders to immediate, practical action, David’s workshops, presentations, and seminars help leaders increase their influence, solve common leadership frustrations, and improve productivity through practical leadership inspiration.
David was honored as a top leadership expert to follow in 2015, holds a master’s degree in nonprofit management, and is a member of the Association of Talent Development. He writes for the Huffington Post, has appeared in Fast Company, Entrepreneur, and on radio and television throughout the United States. The award-winning author of The Seven Things Your Team Needs to Hear You Say, his next book, Winning Well, will be published through AMACOM in spring 2016. David has been listed with leadership influencers including Seth Godin, Tom Peters, Kouzes & Posner, and John Maxwell.
- 3 Reasons Your Team Won’t Follow You article
- How to Motivate Your Team - One Question You Must Ask article
- 12 Incapacitating Leadership Mistakes You Make When You’re Scared article
- But I Thought We Were Friends – How to Lead Peers article
- 3 Delegation Mistakes You Don’t Have to Make article
- Be the Leader You Want Your Boss to Be article
- How to Get Clarity, Accountability, and Results in 5 Minutes article
- 10 Questions to Ask When No One Will Listen article
- Can Your Team Really Trust You? article
- The Leadership Heresy You Can’t Live Without article
- How to Double Your Team’s Productivity in Minutes Each Month article