Lisa M. Starr brings over 30 years of experience in the beauty and wellness industry to Wynne Business, where she is the Senior Consultant and a business startup specialist.
Lisa served as GM of a high profile chain of Spa-Salons on the East Coast for 12 years. Her strong practical business background includes operations and finance, marketing and advertising, inventory management, human resource development, and business process improvement.
A top-rated international speaker and educator, she is a frequent presenter at industry trade shows such as the IECSC, ISPA, Spa & Resort Expo, and the Spa Asia Wellness Summit. She is the Director of Community for Booker, and a prolific writer and blogger for industry publications.
Lisa leads regular Wynne Business seminars, including the Spa Director’s Management Intensive and The High Performance Spa, conducting programs in the US, China, Africa, Eastern Europe and South America. Consulting clients include day spa start-ups and turnarounds, medical spas, hotel spas, hospitals, fitness clubs, and salons.
When she is not traveling the world, Lisa makes her home in Philadelphia, PA.
- Spa & Salon Professionalism: What Does It Mean? video
- Building Client Rapport: The Initial Consult video
- How to Effectively Interview and Hire Spa Therapists and Technicians video
- Raising Your Average Ticket video
- Setting the Stage for Spa Clients article
- Employee Engagement article
- The Positive Side Effects of Retailing video
- Maximizing Same Day Bookings video
- Managers Shouldn't Avoid Conflict- Here's Why video
- Pricing Strategies: Are You Leaving Money on the Table? article
- Creating a Spa Marketing Plan article
- Compensation Challenges article
- Your 1099 Spa "Employees" article
- Mentorship Matters video
- Wynne Business veu